How to Successfully Manage Joint Pains
Successfully managing the pain of arthritis is a long process that requires the person to be open to all possible treatments, orthopedic specialists say. This may mean that there are many ways to positively deal with the limitations and symptoms of this joint problem, according to the Arthritis Foundation, there is no one solution that will fit all problems. The key to a successful life with arthritis is the management of symptoms. If one is able to properly manage the symptoms, then he or she might still be able to live their lives to the fullest. As the deadline for the filing of ASR litigation passes, more and more people are inquiring about the negative effects of hip implants.
Some people might feel hopeless once they realize that they have arthritis but there are many options in successfully managing painful joints. The possible treatment options may vary for each person as some people may benefit from certain therapies than others.
Orthopedic specialists have suggested the following methods in curbing the pain:
- Medications. There are some medications that might slow down the process of joint damage while others claim to even prevent it. However, before readily trying out these wonder drugs, one needs to consult his or her physician first.
- Exercise. This may be a bit difficult to do because of the pain but health care providers encourage those who have arthritic joints to exercises as it helps in decreasing the pain and stiffness if done correctly. Physical therapist may also share some tips on specific exercises that will strengthen the joints.
- Weight and Diet Management. This is helpful for those who are heavy as weight contributes to the pressure applied on the joints. Proper diet and weight management will greatly impact the well-being of the joints.
- Walking Aids and Devices. These are canes, crutches and walkers that will also help ease the burden on the joints as it displaces the weight on the walking aid.
- Warm and Cold Application. A warm bath or a cold pack may also relieve the pain. Alternating the two may be preferred by others.
- Alternative Methods. Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) and acupuncture have been increasingly used by patients not only to relieve hip pain but also other conditions.
If these methods of treatment are not enough to illicit relief, patients may undergo a total hip arthroplasty. However, they need to be aware of the DePuy hip recall associated with the hip implants used in these procedures.
I am looking for my next big adventure. There are still many places I want to visit and even more to which I want to return. The camera is charged up and my backpack is packed; drop me a line if you know where I should go next.